Monday, February 28, 2011

Rita update.

I don't know if any of you remember this post ,go read it now and then come back here, I'll wait for you.....go on hurry up..........

Ok did you read it?

Good! Well last week I had a phone call from Rita. She is in Maputo, Mozambique. She sounds AMAZING! She is now working for a taxi company, is on her ARV's and is doing really well.
Her CD4 count has gone from 140 to 400 thanks to the medication and it is continuing to rise.

We talked for  while and she told me how she loved me and how I had saved her life. That was so humbling. I just did what I needed to do. I refused to give up on her. And now she is alive and well. I still don't know why God chose me to be the one to help Rita. I know that I was not the best choice, I probably wasn't even his first choice, but I was willing and determined.

Sometimes I think that that is all He requires of us. Obedience. What is he asking you to do? I know He is asking you to do something. It might take sacrifice and pain on your part. It might break your heart or it might save another. Whatever it is, like Nike says....."just do it"!
I am no different to you. Infact if you really knew me you would wonder why God bothers with me! I'm human after all. But I have decided what ever it costs I WILL help and love other unconditionally.

There are 100's of other girls like Rita in the Durban area and I really believe that God wants be to stand in the gap for them. If you would like to support me in this please send me an email. I would love to hear from you. 

Thankyou. xx 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job and Rita will remember for the rest of her life that Jesus came to her through you

Danae Hudson said...

I am so glad you heard from Rita!! That is beautiful. YOU are beautiful. :) Have you heard from Ronnelle lately? I've emailed her and I haven't heard anything since September.