Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Friends all round!

I have a new friend! I'm not showing off or anything.....really....but for those of you who know me or have been following my blog for a while you know that this is a big thing for me!
Karen messaged me on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. She had seen that I am a Brit, living in Durban with adopted kids and wondered if I wanted to hang out. Well I did and we have become firm friends!
Karen and hubby Jordan have 2 adopted children, Sanele is 5 and Islay is 2 and they are adorable! We went to hang out on Sunday after church and again today after school and the kids get along really well. Karen is awesome, laid back and so easy to get along with....I'm so happy! Thought I would share some photos with you.

Yep she's a yummy mummy! And how cute is Islay?
All the kids in their pool.
Cutest little ladybug in the world.
Super Heros unite!
Sanele and Joe.
Islay checking my heart beat.

7 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

I love your pictures. And that you called her a yummy mummy! :-D I'm glad you've made a new friend! It's so helpful to have someone near you to share your time with. xxx

Amaris in Wonderland said...

I am so happy for you!
What i wouldn't give to meet a like-minded friend, from home.
I live in Brazil, and have run across precious few Americans - none of which would ever be more than just acquaintances.
Here's hoping...

I love that pic of Islay in her ladybug headband. :)

lindsey said...

You're a pretty Yummy Mummy too!! x

Maggie May said...

i'm so happy for you!!! that is one of the best feelings in the world. friendship.

cat said...

Oh wow - great for new friends. I'd love one too.

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Yay for new friends!! Such beautiful children indeed!

Sandy said...

Looks like the beginning of many beautiful friendships.