Thursday, May 7, 2009

Red sky in the morning....a great big blummin storm is on its way!

I was up at about 4am yesterday. This was the sky, isn't it beautiful, I climbed out of my bedroom window, got on the roof and took this photo. I was just so in awe of the sight and then I remembered the saying....."Red sky at night shepherd's delight, red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning"......well it was a warning because yesterday afternoon we had the hugest Storm ever. It was like a hurricane. When I work out why Martin's photos wont come off his camera I will post some so you can see what it was like. We lost our power from 3pm until 4am which is always kinda freaky cause we are the crime capital of the world and the criminals target places with power cuts. But God's hand is on us and all was good.....apart from the food in the fridge that was not cold anymore!

5 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

I'm so glad that all is good!
xx

tammy said...

Wow, that is a pretty sky! Sorry to hear about the storm. Praying for those affected. Hope you work out your camera problem.

(stopping by from SITS)

Denise said...

That is a beautiful picture! I can't imagine waking up to that glorious sight! Thanks for sharing!

And grateful, that you survived the storm!

Shalom,
Denise

Marshmallow Circus said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful picture. Too bad it was followed by a storm.

lindsey said...

Well you are Cornish so you should be used t the wet weather!x