Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Turnip trouble.

I have had a comment and 2 emails about my "Tuesdays at the table" post about the pasties that I made, and you all want to know the same thing........WHAT IS A TURNIP?
Well this is a turnip.......

I will admit in all the years that I lived in New York I never once saw a Turnip......I don't know if that goes for the rest of the U.S I hope you can find them!

The thing is ....if you want to make a traditional Cornish Patsy like mine then you DO HAVE to have turnips. The good news is though, you can fill a pasty with what ever you like. I have done apple and blackberry ones, cheese and onion, vegetable, and curried chicken before.....but...you cant call those ones "Cornish" The real Cornish ones have to be the recipe that I posted.

Everyone clear on that?????? ;-)

BYE!

4 comments:

Danae Hudson said...

Ha! Your pasty looked delicious. I've found parsnips...but now I'm trying to remember if I ever saw turnips...

Vashti said...

Mum you have no idea what you are talking about!!
Mrs D I hope you find some turnips soon!

Kelly said...

We have turnips in VA all the time! Lots of folks eat turnip greens....not me.

Danae Hudson said...

By the way, I did find turnips in NYC near my church. I'm tempted to try this cornish pasty recipe!!!